Saturday, January 26, 2013

Spending Time In Orem

Last night, after Spencer got off work, we drove to Orem to stay with Grandma and Grandpa Wallace. It was super foggy from about Draper on. Well.. pretty sure it was around Draper. We really couldn't see anything. You could see the road and that's about it. But we made it just fine. I'll take the fog any day over the freezing rain we've had lately.

This morning we got up to help Dawn in setting up for Caulene's wedding. There wasn't too much for us to do, but we had fun. I think Dawn pretty much had everything down and under control.

During Caulene's wedding ceremony we sat with Spencer's parents and family. (well... minus Aaron..) Caulene had a very simple and cute wedding set up. She looked very happy but ready for it to be over at the same time :) I got to meet more Wallace family members there too. They all like to hug. All of them. I suppose I will get used to it :) haha

Now we've just had some time to sit with family at Grandma Wallace's. Spencer has been into scanning old family pictures of his grandparents. He's going to start getting a lot of family history stuff together. Pretty cool. Pretty stink'n really cool. We are planning to spend more time over here in the summer to get all of the stories down and more pictures. I think it will be a great project.

I just enjoyed being here with Brooke and spending time with family.  I think it's going to be a pretty ambitious project that I've taken on, but it will be pretty easy-going in the summer when I'm not in class.  We took Grandma and Grandpa some homemade pretzels.  They were so good!  They really liked them, especially Grandpa, who likes any kind of bread.  That's probably where I get it from!  We're going to Caulene's reception pretty soon, the ceremony was good, and we got a cookie jar and some cookie things that Brooke put the word ''cookies'' on in vinyl lettering.  Very creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment