Sunday, January 6, 2013

Honeymoon - Zoo Day

Friday we spent all day at the San Diego Zoo. It was awesome. That place is huge. Luckily we did not get lost, but we walked all over that place...and took a bus tour just to make sure we didn't miss anything. We were wearing t-shirts, and when we were getting off the bus the Zoo worker was wearing a big coat. She looked at us and said, "You guys are NOT from southern California." :) Nope. Not even a little bit. We thought it felt really nice out there.



Timon seems to have retired to San Diego after a successful acting career.








These aren't llamas, they're some African-type animal.  I still thought they were pretty cool.


Brooke snapped this shot of the lioness.  It was about as photogenic as Brooke is!


A picture of my elephant mishap...


They managed to get me out in time though.


The Skyfari tram, which goes over the entire park


Wonderful view.  Great for kissing!


The Komodo Dragon


Jayde's best friend.


Jayde's other best friend.




Ask Jessica about the noises these make...






These flamingos randomly went all psycho.  I wish I had filmed it.  They were making all sorts of racket and wagging their heads back and forth.  I'm sure it made a lot of sense to them.






Spencer's camera died in the middle of the day though... but that's ok. It died at a convenient time for me. We did, however, make sure to get some good snake pictures for my brother Jayde. Because they are his favorite! (bahaha)

I wish the battery hadn't died...  They had this little picture thing where you could poke your head through a hole in the ''ice'' right next to a fake seal.  It would have been awesome.  I'll just have to imagine how cool it would have looked.  After the zoo, we went to this little Mexican place in an obscure part of town.  Brooke was really good about it, and the food was great!  Not to mention the enormous servings!

No comments:

Post a Comment