Sunday, January 20, 2013

Homemade Pretzels

Spencer really likes bread. Pretty much anything that is bread-like. But especially pretzels. So. We found a not-too-bad recipe for homemade soft pretzels and tried it out one night. It was pretty fun. (This is what we do on Friday nights. We cook stuff. Together. (cute!) )

This was also after watching Union beat Juan Diego. I'm glad my little brother asked us to go. It was fun to see Jayde and his team pull a "W".





Spencer even wore my other apron. Isn't he cute? :)
It's the new thing.  I'm confident that all the guys will be wearing them later this year.


Our pretzels ended up looking like this.


After a great deal of coaxing, Brooke finally let me take this picture.



Ok, really, they ended up looking like this. Turned out pretty well I'd say. I noticed they passed the "Spencer Test". That just means he'll make them again.

We also took some to Les Miserables in Brooke's purse.  Best idea ever.  Just don't tell any of the employees at the Gateway Megaplex!

We like to make all kinds of homemade bread. After the pretzels, I made these rolls that were kind of like cinnamon rolls (welll... you make them in the same way..) but instead of butter and brown sugar, you cover the dough with ranch dressing and then place ham and cheese on top of that, roll them up, cut them into smaller cinnamon-roll sized whatever-they-are-s, and then just bake them. They turned out like this:



I also am pretty sure these passed the "Spencer Test" because they were all gone pretty quickly.

They were good for lunch.  I think we ate them for like a week!  Yep, they were THAT good.

No comments:

Post a Comment