Sunday, January 6, 2013

Honeymoon - Coronado

On Saturday we drove to Coronado Island. Spencer is a romantic (don't know if he will admit that or not) :) and we rented bikes and rode around the island to the beach. 

Well, if I'd known going on a bike ride qualified me as a ''romantic'', I would have just taken you on a bike ride around the block here in Salt Lake!  Not really, I'd prefer not to burn my lungs up with this freezing air!










Me making faces.  Sorry mom.

The beach was awesome! It was nice and sunny and warm when we got there! (It got a little cold when we were leaving but who cares.. we were leaving. haha)












Our epic sandcastle



This is me eating Brooke's face.


This is Spencer...chasing the Seagulls
They didn't stand a chance!


Go Utes! (ps-we did not do that)
She's right, it's a testimony of nature itself!






 

Spencer was obviously taking those last few pictures while I was playing around the water. I noticed what he was doing and turned and ran at him to get him to stop taking pictures of me... instead.... he captured the whole thing....

That's right, it was some top-notch photography on my part!  You can see me in her sunglasses!

After the beach, we checked out Old Town San Diego and the Mormon Battalion Site while it rained a bit. Not bad though. And the Battalion Site was pretty cool. They have an interactive video tour thing that you can see. We had fun. They took our picture at the end of the tour too. I'll have to add that on here once I get my scanner up and running again.

Old Town San Diego was really cool.  They had this old-fashioned candy shop where we bought several kinds of taffy.  Huckleberry was the best flavor!  At the Mormon Battalion Site they asked us what we were doing in San Diego.  We explained that it was our honeymoon and we had dated a little bit in high school, then again after I got home from Ecuador.  It was funny because a father in the group turned to his teenage daughter and said ''Sam, don't listen!!''

It was really generous of Jeff and Courtney to let us stay at their house while they were gone. 
We enjoyed the hot tub and the gorgeous view! We owe them a ton for that!

As grandchild/nephew #1 on the Dana side, I am pleased to announce Jeff and Courtney as the winners of the most awesome aunt/uncle award for the year of 2012!!!  (Cheering and applause).

Probably for more than just 2012 :)

2 comments:

  1. Did Spencer tell you that as a toddler he used to chase and chase the seagulls at the beach in NJ? I hope he doesn't still cry when he can't catch them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it all worked out - looks like you had a great trip even if it was cold.

    ReplyDelete