Sunday, January 6, 2013

Christmas

Christmas Eve we had a fantastic dinner made by Carrie, acted out the Nativity with Spencer's family, and got Christmas Eve pajamas :) Mine match Jessica's.  

Always nice to do the little Nativity scene.  Although I never had to be Joseph before!  I think it was Nate who asked me, ''So are we going to all sleep in your room tonight?''  Umm... how about no!  Not anymore, buddy!  It's pretty low-key at my parents' house now, especially since we're all older.  Not the same excitement as the Bertoch family!

We spent Christmas with Spencer's family. We did however, get up really early to watch my siblings open presents at 6 am. Yeah, they are early starters. Spenc was super enthusiastic when we woke up that morning, so I drove  ;) haha. My dad, that punk, totally had me fooled at the reception. He told me that he just bought the new flat-screen t.v. for him. He said it was his early Christmas present to himself. So when we got there on Christmas morning and that t.v. was sitting with my stuff with two bows on it... I was totally shocked! Couldn't believe it. That's just kind of how my dad is.
After Christmas at the Bertoch residence, we headed back to Allen and Carrie's. 
My favorite thing that I got was the electric blanket from Allen and Carrie. They know me so well :) Spencer also got me a new scripture set with "Brooke Wallace" on it. I love it. Of course it was easier for him... because I told him that was what I wanted. HE was harder to get something for. But from the picture above... I'd say he liked it.

So I basically remember Brooke saying, ''Spencer, wake up'', and the next thing I know, I'm suddenly at her parents' house watching her siblings open presents!  Phillip sure was nice getting us that TV!  We'll put it to good use when we're not all busy with school and work!  It was nice being with family though.  Except I forgot Brooke's new scriptures in Salt Lake and had to give them to her in January.  Oops!  Brooke is now helping me get fashionable, and the other day one of my coworkers asked if she was picking out my clothes yet.  Yep.  She is!  

We left for our Honeymoon on Christmas day around noon-ish.

It was more like 1:30.  But it all went very well.  A lot of one-on-one time with a wonderful wife!  I liked when she fed me candy while I drove!

1 comment:

  1. Supposed to leave at noon....left at 1:30 after Allen rotated your tires. :)

    ReplyDelete