Saturday, August 1, 2020

It's the COVID Post

I have to be completely honest here, I love "quarantine". I haven't had to worry about packing up the diaper bag, buckling kids into car seats, and fighting them the whole time we go out - because we're not going anywhere! I really think it's fantastic. I have had so much time to read, practice my instruments, BLOG, and I even bought a camera and started learning some photography. I seriously, seriously have loved all this time we are spending at home! Maybe I'm anti-social, or maybe I'm just lazy, but it's been great!

Kadee has been helping me with my music practicing. Well..sort of. She thinks she is helping. When I practice the clarinet she will pull up a chair and tell me she is listening to the concert. Jackson likes to dance when I practice Mozart's Rondo Alla Turca. But Kadee has been practicing too. I've shown her how to make a sound on the trumpet. I'd love for her to play the french horn some day.

Overall as a family, we have been doing A LOT of reading. The DOD summer reading program started on June 27th and Kadee already has logged 1322 minutes. Her age group goal was to read 1000 minutes - she got it a while ago. Spencer and I have both been devouring books too. Mostly ebooks on the Libby app. It's fantastic! So we all have a pretty good amount of reading logged. The adult goal was 2000 minutes. Here's how all of our reading looks for summer 2020:

Spencer: 3098 min
Brooke: 3383 min
Kadee: 1322 min
Jackson: 437 min

So this basically means that everyone except Jackson has already completed the summer reading goals set for everyone. And there are still 2 weeks left. I guess that mean there is time for Jackson yet. Spencer and I did not count the time we were reading to Jackson or Kadee as part of our own time. We have only counted our personal reading time.

Kadee was sad that she couldn't go into the library to tell them 'thank you' for her summer reading prize. So I told her we could email her thanks to them. They replied saying that she was the first person to pick up a prize for the summer program and asked if they could share her video on their Facebook page. Of course Kadee would be the first one. ha!

Spencer's favorite book he's read so far is Rogue Lawyer by John Grisham.
Brooke's favorite book this summer is either: The Discovery of Witches series by Deborah Harkness or The Lunar Chronicles series by Marissa Meyer. I can't just choose one.
Kadee's favorite book she's read this summer is: Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder.
Jackson's favorite book this summer has definitely been: The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carl.








Spencer and I have also started doing nightly circuit workouts. I don't die anymore the morning after them, I can sit on the toilet without crying again, and we're doing them much faster now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment