Sunday, February 17, 2013

Symphony


Saturday night I got a text from my cousin Brandon. It said something like "Do you and Spencer want to go to the Utah Symphony tonight?" And I was thinking "What? YES!" haha. So Brandon and Sarah hooked us up by getting us a gig where we got to the Utah Symphony an hour early and work as greeters and the door and then get to watch the Symphony as result of our "work". Pretty cool. The two of us stood at the front doors of Abravanel Hall and would open them as people came up and said stuff like "Welcome to the Symphony", "Thank you for coming tonight", "Enjoy the program". Yeah, stuff like that.

Brooke kept saying, ''I don't know, maybe we should just stay closer to home.''  Then she looked it up and saw what they were performing.  From that point it was settled!  They played the ballet music to ''Romeo and Juliet'', then this guy played a concerto with his left hand, apparently it was a piece commissioned by a Russian pianist who lost his right arm in a war.  Very interesting.





One guy just walked up, pointed to both of us, and with a big enthusiastic voice said, "You two have great smiles!" I liked that guy. 

And then we got to watch the Utah Symphony



We got a VIP treatment; we had awesome seats and were treated to a special guest refreshment ...thingy... during intermission. It was because Sarah's aunt is Lona May and has some significance to the Utah Symphony that I actually don't know about. (I'll ask Sarah some time.) So it was really cool.

I liked the refreshments.  Especially the ''cake cubes'', which Brooke says was a very accurate description.  



It was super cool. At the end, they played Tchaikovsky's Sleeping Beauty Waltz in honor of Valentine's Day. It was so awesome! I think by that point Spencer was all Symphonied-out, but I loved it!

I enjoyed the music.  I just get tired after sitting in one place for more than an hour.

We got some cool pictures in the foyer too.




This is the awesome blown glass thing.  I wonder how long it took to make...


Awesome view, especially with the temple back there.


A nice pic with ''the better half''

1 comment: