Friday, July 26, 2013

Haslem Reunion


My mom's family has a gianormous reunion every other summer. This summer happened to be a reunion year. So Spencer was in for a whole bunch of Haslems. I think he survived. It was really fun this year because Carlie and Ryan Nelson were there and Hanna and Jordan Evans were too. So we had a bunch of newly weds and we had lots of fun with them. Welll.. I guess Carlie and Ryan are still considered newly weds. They've almost been married for a year. But we still had lots of fun.

The first night we got there, Cole and Spencer hiked up the big hill next to us. I'd already done that at the last reunion and I just let them go on their own. Spencer did take some pictures too.







I was just hoping they'd get down before it got too dark. They sorta did so it all worked out.

We spent some time at the pond too. I think Spencer spent quite a bit more time around the pond than I did. I was doing crafty stuff and things with Mom and Sharla and the other aunts, and he got talked into taking Brynne and Cache a couple times. He was very helpful both days up there. He even helped my Dad make dinner for everyone. What a good man :)





Spencer liked the kayaks




Cache and Lydia Goodrich






And Spencer helped me put up Buckwheat's tent. I just didn't know that Buckwheat was taking a picture of it.

We had tons of fun playing this game with two 5gal buckets and a frisbee. Especially when teams were me and Spencer against Carlie and Ryan. It was a blast. I laughed so much! We also had a lot of fun doing the couples' games that Uncle Keith and his wife Kathy did. And to quote my cousin, "Who won?! Those dang newly weds?? Aww man.." after learning that Hanna and Jordan beat everyone. We had a great time talking to those two. 

And then I just had to steal some pictures from Arlene. Thanks Brianna for taking lots of pictures for us :)



Evans and Wallace newly weds :)

So the husbands smothered shaving cream all over their faces and then the wives got to throw mini marshmallows at them and try to get as many as they could to stick. My Mom just chucked them at my Dad. None of them even stuck, she just threw them hard at his face :) I did hit Spencer a couple times in the eye. Only I wasn't meaning to.


I had a great time spending that time with my family. I'm glad Spencer was there with me and I'm really glad he put up with all the little kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment