Thursday, July 30, 2020

I'm SOOOO Behind (2019 catch up)

Well there has just been so much going on that I have fallen WAY too far behind on my blogging. BUT I bought a family desktop computer this week and got it all set up today so I'm hoping this helps me to keep up with my blogging better. It was hard to try to do it all on my phone. Alas, I have a lot to do now. But the computer set up is pretty sweet!

Here's a quick 2019 catch up:

We safely made it to North Dakota in October 2019. I was driving in the Rogue with Jackson and we followed Spencer in the moving truck with Kadee. It was a long 3 days but we made it. We had a while to wait before we could get into our base house. Luckily, we got in just before all of the holidays kicked off. We did have one fun blizzard while we were staying in TLF (temporary lodging) and we watched Conference on Kadee's little Kindle Fire, but it all worked out for us.
Traveling is tiring

 Watching Conference

Story time with the firefighters on base


Home sweet home! (it looks nicer in the summer)

Halloween was the coldest we have ever experienced. Especially since the last 3 have been in Oklahoma. We made it work and dressed Kadee as a "pink bubble gum". She was accompanied by Daddy Gandalf and Jackson and I both stayed home in our Batman attire. We'll plan better for the next one.

We were invited to have Thanksgiving with the Bennetts in our ward. It was great. Kadee did not want to leave, of course. We cooked a mini Thanksgiving for ourselves that Sunday. It was perfect.

Kadee also invented a pie for us to try for Thanksgiving. I asked her what kind of pie we should make and she said we should make an apple pie cheese cake. So we did. Well done, Kadee.


For Christmas, we were able to fly home to Utah. We had a great time and of course we all got spoiled. Both grandmas wanted to do family pictures and Kadee was uncooperative and grumpy for all of them. We managed to get 1 or 2 decent pictures. She might take after her dad when it comes to family pictures. 

Christmas in North Dakota: 





Christmas in Utah:




My Christmas baking buddies



Grandpa Allen took us ice skating and then out to dinner. These girlies had a blast!


...get used to it, Buddy

Christmas dinner at Grandma Carrie's

I love the Wallace tradition of Christmas jammies. Kadee's was very applicable to her!




Personalized books from Grandma Carrie



All dressed up for Wallace family pictures

The girls wouldn't hold still... until we got home and they watched something with Grandpa


Family pictures:







No comments:

Post a Comment