Friday, May 24, 2019

He's Here!

Welcome to our family, Jackson Spencer Wallace.

Born on May 13th at 2:05pm.
Weight: 9 lbs 3 oz
Height: 20 1/2 inches







Jackson's birth was very rough on Mommy. I was induced early that morning. We were scheduled at 5am so Kadee had a sleepover with Ivy. (She was pretty excited about that.)
Doctor broke my water at noon. Things happened too fast for an epidural so I didn't get one. Jackson ended up having shoulder dystocia and they had to do what is called the McRoberts maneuver. Basically, his shoulders were too big and they had to force him out by pressing on my stomach. It's an obstetrical emergency and there were suddenly tons of people in the room and I had oxygen and it was the absolute worst 45 seconds of my entire life. (You can Google it if you really want to. I won't tell you any more about it.) Jackson had no problems or any nerve damage as a result of it but I was not so well off. My blood pressure dropped dramatically (twice) and I ended up needed lots of fluids and a blood transfusion (also twice). I asked Spencer to call for help so he could give me a blessing and after that I started to improve a lot. We didn't have to stay in the hospital an extra day, so that was really good. We all made it home in one piece by Wednesday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment